This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Sunday, August 30

Sunday night dinner






It's no secret that I LOVE to cook...

I had a really good friend over tonight that was having some relationship troubles and I felt the need to invite her over very last minute for a little "Sunday night dinner" to chat and just have simple and easy food.

I often get people asking me what I like to make- and I think that this would be a really good example of something that is "very Grant K. Gibson" as well as super easy to put together for a simple dinner any night of the week.

My friend arrived at 6:30 and it was 6:00 and I was still at the grocery store.
What I grabbed: fresh figs, a lovely fresh ricotta ravioli (yes pre- made- from a wonderful company here in the bay area called The Pasta Shop)- a lemon- shallots and chives.
I had already picked up a beautiful mixed green selection for a simple salad at the farmers market on Saturday- so just a simple dressing- and a bottle of wine and that was that!

So I am showing a photo of the ingredients all put out on my chopping board- ready to go.
One REALLY important thing for me is to spend time with my guests- so I am also showing another photo of everything all prepped on my chopping board. All of the work is basically done before and you can chat with your guest and just make little trips to the kitchen and not be trapped in the kitchen all night long.

The door bell rang- I had one pot boiling for the pasta water and another saute pan ready to go with some olive oil.
I threw the shallots into the oil and then added the figs.
Then went the ravioli into the water for just a few minutes.
I put the ravioli on the bottom of the bowl and then put the shallots and figs on top and sprinkled the lemon zest and chives on top and then topped with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.

The dressing is one of my new favorites that I make in baby food jar (thanks Elliot for your leftover jars!)
A bit of olive oil- champagne vinegar- crushed garlic, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper and then just shake it up and toss with the greens.

I have another friend who says my cooking just sounds so easy as if it was "Easy as 123".
I think that this is pretty simple.
There was none left in the bowl after dinner. I guess that was a good sign!

Wishing everyone a Happy Monday and a good week!

4 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Your ravioli dish sounds delicious and I am going to try it. I agree, as little time in the kitchen during the dinner is best!

Erin Ferucci said...

This is soooo pretty! Thanks for sharing! I love to cook beautiful meals too!

katiedid said...

LOVE how you cook: fresh, simple and delicious! I bet your friend left feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, Grant, it's awfully hard to work while drooling on my keyboard ;->

Even I could do this one, though, so I'm going to give it a try.

Wendy

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates