This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Wednesday, May 13

We interrupt this broadcast with a NEWS FLASH!















KARL LAGERFLED- CHANEL SHOW - VENICE

The fashion world is a all abuzz with Karl Lagerfield's highly anticipated new line at the Chanel show- this week in Venice- for his 2010 line.

Why Venice? Coco Chanel was facinated by Venice in her first trip in 1919. This inspired the line for Karl. Talking about a symbol that maybe be playing apart of this collection- the lion (which I found this a great door bell walking this afternoon) Chanel collected lion figurines while visiting and she was also a Leo...

Word is that Karl has been spotted all of the city and is prepping the show himself and packed 13 (yes 13) bags of luggage (including his favorite Goyard suitcases). I thought that I packed a lot with my two bags- but I guess if you are KL- there really isn't such a thing is packing light and you have a team of manservants to assist your every need.

The show is today in the Lido. Here are shots from the Chanel store windows yesterday afternoon. I was jet lagged and tired- but it reminded me so much of my trip to the Chanel aparment last year while in Paris (for those who missed: http://grantkgibson.blogspot.com/2008/09/chanel-ing-coco.html

And now we take you back to our regular scheduled program...Venice.

(Yes- it is 2.45 in the morning- I can't sleep at all. I did get 5 hours of sleep in and I somehow hope that my blogging makes me sleepy and I can get a few hours- I can dream of cappuccino for breakfast!)

4 comments:

Annie said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the jolt; who needs a caffeine now?

ArchitectDesign™ said...

keey on the lookout -with your camera ready for any Karl sightings!!

Anonymous said...

Those paper hats are to die! Uncle Karl knows no limits. You're one lucky duck!

If you have time, I recommend the Peggy Guggenheim museum!

Brillante Interiors said...

Never think about what time would be back home! I change the time on my watch the moment I board a plane, adjusting to the time at destination. It helps incredibly. It is also much more difficult to adjust going to Europe than coming back.Hope you are better by now.

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates