This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Friday, August 10

Fava bean and Spinach Risotto




I remember my grandmother loved sharing recipes.  She even had a special little recipe card printed with:  "From Evelyn's kitchen".   One of my routines is to tag recipes to save to make someday.  My friend Caitlin over at Sacramento Street posted this a few weeks back.  I loved it so much that I thought that I would share. 

Simple, easy and so delicious!

Ingredients:

2 cups of fresh fava beans (shelled)
1T olive oil
2T butter
1 small shallot
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups of Arborio rice
1/2 cup of white wine
6 cups stock (I used veggie stock)
1 1/2 cups of spinach
1 cup of grated Parmesan

Directions:

Cook fava beans in boiling water, drain in ice bath and shell.

In the meantime, heat oil, butter and shallot until they become translucent. Add chopped garlic and Arborio rice and stir together. Add wine and cook until absorbed. Slowly in stock (I like to have this warm). Stir continuously until all six cups are absorbed by the rice. Add spinach and cheese after about 25 minutes. Toss in the fava beans and serve hot. Then add a sprinkle of more cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over:)

Holly

J.W. said...

Yumm. One of my favorite risotto recipes for the cooler months is with radicchio...such a beautiful pink color.

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates