This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Sunday, September 11

Pin up





If you are like me, you are constantly tearing things out of magazines and dog-earring articles to read later. Everything from inspiration shots that I love, ideas that I want to remember, recipes that I want to try and places that I want to visit.

It can be overwhelming to keep all of your files organized and updated, and honestly with so much content online these days, it is even more of a challenge.



I am sort of obsessed and inspired with a site called Pinterest. The concept behind it is sort of genius. (It’s one of those moments when you think, “why didn’t I come up with that idea?!”)





What I love about it is that I can be on any website and I can capture the photo and save it online in virtual inspiration boards that I have created for myself (hosted on the Pinterest site). I might come across a beautiful kitchen on a blog late at night, and now all I have to do is pin it to one of my Pinterst boards. The image is then saved online forever. For me this has been a huge time saver and really kind of fun to put together. Maybe a little addictive too. I like that you can also share your online information with other friends online and see what they are also “pinning” (and obsessing) about too!

20 comments:

Jennifer C. Webb said...

likewise, addicting. Love your pins!

crossranch said...

Pinterest is a crackpipe! Fabulously addictive!

Brillante Interiors said...

I need to try it, my magazines/books are filled with post-it notes (and the name of the client or project written on them). I do save pictures in Favorites in different folders but Pinterest sounds more efficient. Thanks for the tip.

the modern sybarite ™ said...

This sounds brilliant. I will have to try it out. Thanks for the good and simple explanation!

imperiojp said...

just love pinning - mind people to like before they re-pin as a courtesy!!

Ronnie said...

Recently discovered Pinterest! Brilliant concept. I'll be following your pins!
http://pinterest.com/biddybrain/

Allison Harper said...

I'm loving Pinterest too!! So easy and fun.

Allison Harper said...

I'm loving Pinterest too! So fun and easy.

Terrie Hall said...

I adore Pinterest! I am completely addicted. I have folders for clients, inspiration, you name it! The best part is it links back to where you found it, giving credit to the right person when you use it! Fun, fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

Lovely idea. It could replace the ghastly pile of articles clogging one of my office cabinets.

Hope you are well and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Amy
xxoo

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

You inspired me to join you- pgt

Unknown said...

Grant,

I love it too! I get flashes from using it and when I'm out hunting and gathering for imspiration or clients certain pictures come to mind. They're like flash cards the more you pin the more it sticks with you.

Bette

pve design said...

Yes, I am a pinterest devotee!
I love seeing how my inspirational "tear" sheets are all in one spot and how a collection can present one trend or unifying theme. I like it for organizing and editing. I also love seeing what you have pinned that are on my boards. It makes me smile.
pve

Anonymous said...

I love it when you share fun new things that I didn't know about. How do you keep up? You are so good!

Virginia Country House said...

Inspiring post. Thanks for explaining!

Anonymous said...

Why is everything that you pins so beautiful!

Fluffy said...

If I could clear my desk to see I would join!

Donna Benedetto said...

It is very hard to stay away from this site. It really fuels your creativity. When you are stuck on a design project you just click right on and whallah you can always find what you are looking for! Love it.

Brittany Stiles said...

"It’s one of those moments when you think, “why didn’t I come up with that idea?!” " - I was smiling when I read this because it's basically what I wrote about the lace lanterns today. But I'll admit that Pinterest is a tad more life changing than lace lanterns. I'm clicking right now to follow your pins! :)

Brittany

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I'm obsessed. It's such a great idea and I agree... why couldn't I have thought of it?!

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates