This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Monday, June 1

peony love







I took these photos out in the country side about 2 hours north of Venice.
It has just finished raining out and the rain droplets were just magical as they formed on the peonies.
The smell was heaven as you can imagine with the fresh rain and the lovely subtle peony scent.

Why is it that we all love the peony so much?
For the beauty of them? The history?

The peony is named after Paeon or Paean, a student of Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine and healing. Asclepius became jealous of his pupil; Zeus saved Paeon from the wrath of Asclepius by turning him into the peony flower.

I made the first shot in this series my desktop photo and I just can't seem to get enough. It takes me back to the vacation and all of the happy memories. I am excited to get these framed to start to display and sell in our showroom.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Grant,
I enjoy them because they are so romantic looking. Full like a royal ball gown. Scented like your favorite perfume and fresh as spring rain. That says it all besides being wonderful to just stare at for inspiration. Great snaps too!

Bette

Beth Connolly said...

These are breathtakingly beautiful Grant.

Pigtown*Design said...

Love them! I think it's partly because they have such a short season and are so fragile that we like them so much and want all that we can get when they're here!

Brillante Interiors said...

I am also very fond of peonies and always had many in my gardens. Perhaps we love them because they last such a short time?
As a photographer in B&W I wonder about your images (gorgeous anyway)desaturated, have you tried?

Jane said...

Oh goodness, the peony...now if only they grew in California! Where/What did you visit outside of Venice?

Grant K. Gibson said...

Jane-
Where do you live in California? They grow in the bay area very well.
Was out in the Veneto looking at Palladian villas...
Lovely times!

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates