This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Wednesday, February 18

Redecorating tips from my cleaning lady...

I love my cleaning lady SO much! She is amazing. I am not ashamed to tell you all that she actually comes 2 times a week (not full days each time)- and my house and office are always sparkling and the dishes shine and she polishes silver too! She works so hard and has 4 children at home and takes the subway and a long bus ride to get to my place. ( I also share this as I have heard from a few people that they have let their cleaning people go during these economic times- and that is not the right thing to do- in my opinion it is important to keep people working and any bit that I can help her with I know goes to good things)

I am sure that she must think that I am nuts with new things coming and going from my place of the time.
But I had no clue that she was really an interior designer!

I have been sick in bed for days now and threw my rain hat and sweater and scarf on the sofa yesterday instead of putting them away. While she was cleaning today- I locked myself in my bedroom and when I came out I giggled when I found that she had re-decorated with my hat



and was using my cable knit sweater as a throw (which I totally understand-as I have a cable knit throw on the wing back chair)



then she added my pinstripe scarf to the chair too!



Maybe I just find this funny as I have gone through almost a box of DayQuil in the last few days. I am SO looking forward to the NyQuil after TopChef tonight.

10 comments:

Dayna said...

What fun! Nothing better than sweet surprises whilst under the weather.

GrannySmithGreen said...

Oh, my! You've got a good one. Better keep her for inspiration. See what you think when the Nyquil kicks in! Have a good night!

Scot Meacham Wood said...

hey Grant!

Hope you're feeling better soon. It never ceases to amaze me, after my cleaning lady has been here . . . she seems to move EVERYTHING in the house (maybe in an effort to prove that everything has been cleaned), but it involves at least several hours of re-propping, straightening pictures, and 'artfully' re-placing throws around the house.

lol.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh no! get well - i'm glad you got a laugh! :-)

Things That Inspire said...

A good housekeeper is worth his/her weight in gold. If I had to cut something because of tough economic circumstances, my housekeeper would be the absolute last thing to go (and I am jealous that you have your cleaning person twice a week - what a wonderful thing).

Love the hat on the bust!

Habitually Chic said...

That is too cute! I LOVE the hat on the statue. Hope you feel better soon!

The Peak of Chic said...

She's got flair! Love the hat on the bust.

pve design said...

I am in total agreement. Whenever I think that I can do it myself, I am reminded by my late dear friend who always told me, "Take care of those hands, you need them for your art." The same goes for you.
Hope your are feeling better. Drink lots of tea with lemon.
pve

katiedid said...

Hi Grant!
Just found you through Heather over at Habitually Chic, and so glad I did! Love your blog and thanks so much for the link. I will be happy to reciprocate. Your place looks wonderful, especially with the new hat accessorized bust! You have a gem of an employee.:)
Feel better!

Scott Fazzini said...

That's kind of the most adorable thing that I've heard all day. Cleaning lady....ugh, I'm jealous.

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates