This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Tuesday, February 21

Inspiration



This winter, I have fallen in love all over again with grapefruit. I have been eating it for breakfast, putting it in salads and making cocktails (a bit of vodka and a splash of Saint Germain). There is something about the smell and the taste that is just intoxicating. Grapefruit always remind me of my grandparents. It's amazing how a smell or flavor can bring you back in time.


People often ask me about my favorite places to eat in San Francisco. It is always so hard to come up with a short list. Boulettes Larder might actually be on the top. Last week I had a leisurely alfresco lunch with a dear friend and mentor. The freshest baked bread with butter (which tasted like it was just churned), with coarse sea salt glimmering in the light. My mixed greens danced on the plate with a divine Burata and earthy, fruity olive oil. An oasis in the flurry of the Ferry Building.
My favorite new tea is from Bellocq No. 35, The Earl Grey. The organic full-leaf Ceylon black tea is scented with natural Sicilian bergamot. Flecks of blue cornflowers accent the beautiful black leaves. I love the packaging and beautiful yellow label. The canister on the shelf in my kitchen just makes me smile.

9 comments:

An Urban Cottage said...

I'll have to try your grapefruit cocktail.

I like to add vodka with a little rosemary infused simple syrup and dust with lime zest.

A splash of Earl Gray tea might also be nice in a grapefruit cocktail.

Anonymous said...

Too too divine!!

Sent from my iPad

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! You make me want to take the ferry over to SF right now;)

Holly

Lynne Rutter said...

oh a new tea! thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

You need some eau de pamplemousse cologne…

MJH Design Arts said...

I think Proust agrees with you 100% regarding smells: "une sense evoque une autre"... (A La Recherche du Temps Perdu)....Mary

Anonymous said...

Boulettes Larder. I have to check it out on my next trip to SF. Thanks for the inspiration, as always.

Karena said...

Just yesterday I was thinking of teas. This Earl Grey looks and sounds delish!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said...

Hi Grant!

Love your tea recommendation! Ordered and sent to a dear
friend and tea lover- she adores her sampler and can't wait to try Earl Gray tomorrow!
After our lobster dinner at A & A's, found your blog and I am a fan!

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates