This blog has a new home. You will be redirected shortly.
http://grantkgibson.com/blog

Blogger


Sunday, February 28

Great things- March

Happy March everyone!

I thought that I would start with something new this month. I love reading about peoples favorite things- and many of you have asked me questions about what MY favorite things are- so this thought entered my mind a few days ago that I would start a new monthly blog post (oh my what am I committing myself to here?).

Think of it as a "What Grant LOVES/great things series".

I might mix it up each month- but topics might be- what colors do I think are FAB for the month- what and where I am eating- what books are on my nightstand- what I am listening to- what I think is fashionable- what I have cooking in the kitchen- maybe a new website or fun gadget for your house. (If you have any suggestions or topics that you would like to add each month- make sure to let me know)

I hope that you find this new idea fun and that you enjoy some of my favorites for March!




I love ranunculus! Such a happy flower. For those of you with bad weather- a great way to cheer up your house and to dream of spring and warmer weather.



Levis 501's. Back to basics. Always a classic. The funny thing is that I have worn 501's for years and then I sort of forgot about them for a few years and now I am happy to be back in them.




I am in LOVE with these black wing tip shoes with no laces. Pair it with the Levis and oh my- how happy would I be! For those of you with a braver wardrobe than mine they come in bright colors too!





Loving knit ties. White shirt. Something to change up your everyday look (and can we talk about how I would just ADORE to have the whole outfit that I have just created above- stay tuned- I might have to have a little retail therapy and take a photo!)




How many times did we blare LUKA while lip syncing in the mirror? She's back- loving this new Suzanne Vega




How much do we love Alicia Keys? Will Liza and Frank have to move over with New York New York?




After a 10 year break she's back and as fresh as ever. Sade always seems to end up on my dinner party mixes. It's like I have fallen in love all over again.




Loving this Coen Brothers film. If you missed it- just out on netflix



Larry David made me laugh so hard- I cried. One of the best Woody Allen films (in my opinion in a while) and I just adore Patricia Clarkson in everything she does.




NPR favorite (love Ira Glass) brought to your tv screen (not just your radio anymore) by Showtime- another great add to your netflix list.



Alice.com could change your life forever.
Are you tired of running out of products around the house? Shampoo, laundry soap, toilet paper? Have it all delivered for free right to your door. My problem is that I always run out of something and then end up at the fancy grocery store and end up paying WAY too much for something that I could kick myself for not getting on my last Target run. The prices are great and it has a handy dandy reminder based on what your usage is on things. It also keeps a list of what your favorites are and they offer a great selection of "green" products.



Ever since spotting this lamp in David Easton's apartment it has been on my LUST LIST and now my dreams can come true as Circa Lighting is selling this wonderful David Easton designed light. Happy Birthday early to me!



Why didn't I think of inventing colored masking tape or something with fun patterns and colors? Why not brighten up your packages!



If we are talking about my LUST LIST we might as well add this to this chair to my list. I will continue lighting candles to the craigslist and ebay gods.



Food trucks are all the rage and I have found one that I just can't stay away from- Spencer to Go (Laurent Katgely also owns Chez Spencer). I mean who doesn't love an escargot puff for lunch? They do have so many other options for those who are not that brave. Gourmet fast food- another dream come true! These seem to be popping up all over the place- New York- Portland- Los Angeles (where I recently read they they have a grilled cheese truck that I nearly jumped on a plane to try)



Sherry, Sherry baby, Sherry, Sherry baby. Oh sherry vinegar how I want to sing to you every time I cook with you. Move the balsamic to the back the cabinet and make a lovely dressing with sherry vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and garlic or shallot (if you like)- maybe some fresh herbs too! Not just for salad dressings- how about drizzled over steamed artichokes or asparagus?



Yes, it is that time of year again- just when you are starting to dream about the warm weather and how you need to loose those extra pounds to look good in your bathing suit and then the door bell rings- and you just can't give in.
Everyone loves Girl Scout Cookies! Cookie Time!



If you haven't had enough sugar from all of the Girl Scout Cookies- don't forget about the PEEPS! I have spotted them on the shelves in all kinds of bright colors!



food52.com FOODIE ALERT FOODIE ALERT!!! Everything that I have tried is fabulous. I highly suggest popping by and check out what Amanda Hesser (one of my favorite food writers) and Merrill have to say. I completely blame them for my new obsession with charmoula.



Now don't forget to eat your veggies. I am just crazy for roasted cauliflower these days. Couldn't be any easier (even for those of you out there who don't cook). You don't need anything but a baking sheet and salt and olive oil (I have been adding cumin and other herbs too or even red pepper flakes). Makes a great alterative to potoates. Serve as a starter to dip in hummus and watch it disappear. You almost think that you are eating French fires!




Gossip (and truth?) at it's finest. Nicky Haslam's memoir is a must read. Perfect with a stiff cocktail (or cup of tea) on a rainy afternoon.



Michael Pollen's food manual should be in every house across the world. This is a great breakdown of: What I should eat and how to eat well. (If we could maybe keep the Girl Scout cookies and the Peeps hush hush from Mr. Pollen- thanks!)

15 comments:

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I have just recently discovered your wonderful blog. I hope you don't mind I am adding you to my blogroll.

What a great list. I had no idea Suzanne Vega had new music out, I'll have to check it out.

And, talking of chair lust, mine is the Niermann Weeks Annecy Chair. If only money grew on trees!

Glo said...

I LOVE this post!

Colored masking tape? Who knew! I love it!

Marija said...

Okay there is so much info here - it could have been a week's worth of posts! So glad to have it gathered all in one place. Love peeps. I'll be looking forward to this regular feature, for sure...

Marija

Dandy said...

What a fun list. I used to love my button front 501's with a Girl Scout patch sewn on the back pocket. Going to check out Alice now. :)

Ronnie said...

Great list, Grant. I need guidance.
If those 501's will look as good on my husband as these do, I'm heading to the Levi store. It looks like a family of squirrels moved out of the rear end of Joe's Luckies.
Nice blog.

Unknown said...

Grant,

I guess when we sit down to think about a few of our favorite things we really have a few more than we thought.

It's really more like a mental spring cleaning that can last all year long. Love your favorite things and you have enough items to start a book. I've notice how much everyone loves discovering everyone else's favorite things it's chic!

Bette

Chic Coles said...

What a great post! We love reading about what your favorites are, and its fun to see what we have in common!

Ps. I have to agree with the Girlscout cookie thing...I just bought 3 boxes on Saturday and I texted my friend saying "Girlscout Cookie time is the best season of the year!" Tagalongs, Thin Mints and Samoas are my favorites!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Ok, hate to sound like your latest stalker...but I am loving you more than ever! This could have easily been my list. Marija said what I was thinking...so many treats in one post! I do a mini variation of this called Tuesday Tip. My first one was of tulips. Patricia Clarkson...most have never heard of her. She is so under appreciated. I have been listening to Suzanne Vega on Pandora! One exception...Peeps! I buy them for my husband and kids...but I hate that weird scratchy feeling in my mouth! Please buy the floor lamp and post it.
~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Sherry vinegar rocks!

mamacita said...

I love men in knit ties. I wish I saw them more often.

Great list & great post, Grant.

Anonymous said...

love, love Alice!

Brillante Interiors said...

Happy March to you too. Here in Vancouver I am missing the buzz of the last two weeks, your post gave me a lift!

Anonymous said...

Dear Grant,
You are AWESOME. I love it all. Don't forget that Maxwell also has a new CD. Super important to us retailers. Just gave your blog out to my loveliest friend, Justin Burks, who you must meet when you head due North to Portland.
Elizabeth

Developing Designs said...

What a fabulous list! I can see how you are lusting after that floor lamp and do hope the birthday gift to yourself arrives soon. So many great things from the knit ties, to the classy chair, to the yummy food choices.....speaking of...now I'm hungry :) xo

My Notting Hill said...

Oh the greek key chair! I just missed getting that from Vicky's Yard Sale. The funny thing is that the person who did buy it left me a nice message on my post. She didn't have a return email but I hope someday she will send me a picture of it in her home.

However, you have reminded me of something - there are probably more of those chairs out there! Hope springs eternal.

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates